- To accomplish its mission, CCID offers:
- Networking & Partnership Events and Activities
- A Systemized Approach for Capacity Building
- International Development Opportunities
- Consortium Driven Mobility & Sponsored Programs
- Data Gathering and Knowledge Sharing to Advance the Field
CCID was founded at Brevard Community College in 1976 based on the rationale that community colleges needed to be involved in international activities and that a consortium of community colleges would find more international opportunities than a single college could acting independently. As communities depend on their community colleges to drive economic development, institutions must be able to produce a globally competent and competitive workforce. To accomplish this, CCID members believe that students need to develop cultural competencies; faculty must be knowledgeable and willing to infuse a global perspective in the curriculum; and leadership and governance must ensure that policy reflects global trends.
Local Access ~ Global Opportunities