Please visit CCID's home page to check out our weekly spotlight! This week we are featuring CCID Outreach Partner, the Institute of Study Abroad Ireland located in Donegal, Ireland!
CCID's 40th Anniversary Conference
Over 300 people from 15 countries gathered for CCID's 40th Anniversary Conference last week. Attendees engaged in the Global PartnerFind Networking event, Peer Learning Communities, and sessions led by CCID members and partners. CCID signed an MOU with the Vietnam Association of Community Colleges committing to work together on projects of common interest. Mark your calendars for February 18-20, 2017 in Houston, Texas as we dive deep into Global Pathways!
(presentations and photos from the conference will be available soon - we will let you know when they are online)
Dr. Tiet Khanh Pham, President of the Vietnam Assocation of Community Colleges, and Dr. Shawn Woodin of CCID, formalize the agreement between CCID and VACC.
Education Fair to Costa Rica - Join Now!
Community Colleges for International Development, Inc. is heading an Education Fair to Costa Rica to recruit students and meet foreign partners. Participating colleges will network with students in their last two years of secondary school from over 80 private high schools in two days; 40 high school deans will be invited to an evening reception; and a public, open education fair will occur one evening. Colleges will receive contact information for follow up with attendees of each event.
Spaces are filling up, so register soon! For more information: Education Fair to Costa Rica
Registration Deadline: 11:59 PM US Central Time, March 18, 2016
Note: Trip requires a minimum of 10 community colleges, and has capacity for no more than 15 colleges.
1. Register with EducationUSA using this link.
2. Submit payment through CCID here.
This program is a collaboration between CCID, the U.S. Commercial Service, and EducationUSA specifically for community colleges.
Online Professional Development Opportunity with CCID Outreach Partner USMEXFUSION!
CCID Outreach Partner USMEXFUSION´s Online Professional Development Month is a series of courses (each course lasts 5 days, Mon.-Fri.) that will take place in April 2016 through USMEXFUSION´s Online Academy. This year, each expert will be facilitating courses in both English and in Spanish
For a sample course overview (50 second video): SAMPLE COURSE OVERVIEW
The different courses are:
- Integrating an International and Intercultural Dimension in the HEI Academic Realm, with Hans de Wit, PhD
- Internationalization at Home, an Effective Strategy for the Development of Global Skills, with Maximiliano Sainz, M. Sc.
- Forming Globally Competent Graduates, with Donald Matthews, PhD
- Teaching English, Spanish & French with STEMP®, with Carlos S. Huerta Jiménez, MA
In each course, participants complete the following (from a computer, tablet, smartphone):
- Watch a video presentation facilitated by the expert
- Access electronic materials and links shared by the expert
- Interact with the expert and other participants through forums for five days
- Network through the integrated social networking platform
Participants will receive a certificate for each course that is completed.
Who takes these online courses?
For more detailed information on the experts and the courses, please visit USMEXFUSION's website: http://usmexfusion.org/en/2016-PD-Month/
- Higher education institution (HEI) leaders, administrators, faculty & staff
- HEI policy makers
Vietnam Strategic Recruitment Retreat June 17-19, 2016
After the ICEF Thailand – Vietnam Agent Roadshow or on a stand-alone basis, you are cordially invited to join Dr. Ashwill, his staff and other presenters for two full days in beautiful Phan Thiết, a three (3) hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, to receive a detailed briefing about student recruitment in Vietnam.
Cost: $1,500. Includes ground transportation to and from Phan Thiết, all meals, two nights of accommodation at the Victoria Phan Thiết Beach Resort & Spa and materials. Capstone partners receive a 5% discount.
The registration deadline was February 28, 2016, but registrations will be accepted after that date on a space available basis.
For more information, please visit this site: Vietnam Strategic Recruitment Retreat
Peruvian Automotive Association (AAP)
The Peruvian Automotive Association (AAP) is looking to sign an agreement with a US university, educational institution or technical college with a strong automotive educational program. Please find the documents below that detail the Technological Institute they are seeking to create.
The following are the priorities of AAP:
Each selected university/educational institution will have 10-15 minutes to detail their automotive educational programs to AAP leadership, with only 6 institutions selected to present. The cost to participate is $650. The webinar will be conducted on March 31, 2016.
- AAP is looking for a US educational institution with strong support and ties to companies in the automotive sector to enable them to train students in practice;
- The Institute would like to give priority to train the students in practice (something many graduating Peruvians lack in these fields);
- Well-trained teachers that are aware of the latest technology in the automotive sector;
- In the automotive sector in Peru there is a gap to meet of well-trained technicians. The Technological Institute will focus to satisfying this need.
- In addition to the practical/technical automotive education programs, AAP is also very interested in identifying potential partners for higher level (bachelor and master’s) automotive engineering programs, as they plan to develop these programs in the years to come.
For more information: 2015-12-23 PROJECT INSTITUTE AAP 2015
To apply, please send your completed application to William Toerpe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this link to access the application: Peruvian Automotive Association (AAP) Webinar Application