- How can community colleges quantify internationalization? How can industry standard measurements be defined and compiled?
- What are the learning outcomes anticipated by comprehensive internationalization? How can the learning outcomes be measured?
- What leadership qualities do presidents need to support comprehensive internationalization?
- What organizational factors are associated with internationalization?
These questions, and many others, intrigue CCID, its member colleges, and colleagues at research universities. Recent research activities among CCID's network include:
- May 27, 2015 Publication: Global Development of Community Colleges, Technical Colleges, and Further Education Programs - Revised Edition This revised edition incorporates the work of more than 50 authors to profile the postsecondary or tertiary education systems in 35 countries.
- CCID partners with Santa Fe College (Florida, USA) to document data and practices from colleges and universities offering International Studies/ Global Scholar Certificate programs. This website collects information about such programs and their completion requirements, and forms the basis for a learning community. Look for the report summarizing data and findings from over 20 institutions across the U.S and Canada.
- A recent publication from New Directions in Community Colleges, The Community College in a Global Context, spotlighted developments in the field and provides further ideas for research. Contributors to the issue include CCID volunteers, staff, and a Board Member among others with similar interests.
- CCID and the University of Toledo collaborate in the development of a survey instrument to measure learning outcomes of comprehensive internationalization for community college students.
- Bibliography of selected articles addressing internationalization of community colleges.
CCID welcomes inquiries from researchers and doctoral students to explore new questions, ideas, and areas for collaboration. Contact CCID by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further details.